Spinal traction (TRITON device)
The spinal traction, acknowledged by doctors and physiotherapists many years ago, has been improved to become more effective, thanks to the introduction of a device that allows to apply precise amounts of strength and time of the treatment, making it very efficient and irreplaceable supportive therapy for spine diseases rehabilitation process.
Mechanical spinal traction is a modern, and one of the most effective, non-surgical methods of treatment of acute and chronic spinal diseases, caused by degeneration of the intervertebral disk (hernia of the nucleus pulposus) or compression of the articular surfaces of the spine. It is used in the cervical and lumbar sections of the spine.
The effect of the traction is the relief of nerve roots, irritated by the hernia of the nucleus pulposus in the case of discopathy, or by the reduced joint space of the transverse processes of the spine. A negative pressure applied during the treatment, sucks the prolapsed portion of the nucleus pulposus back into the disk space, causing partial or complete reduction of the disc hernia. In addition, the articular surfaces of the spine separate, particularly important factor, when it comes to the pain, caused by degenerative changes in the intervertebral joints.
The aim of traction is to reduce pain and to increase static -dynamic efficiency of the spine, which is obtained by loosening tense muscles, extending the space and intervertebral holes that results in reduction of the pressure and irritation of the nerve roots, improves nourishment of the disc (supports supplementation of nutrients and discharge of the metabolites) and blood circulation in the vertebral artery area. Furthermore, during traction, the posterior longitudinal ligament extends, helping to reduce disc hernia, and releases adherent nerve roots.
Traction is a way to treat cervical spine pain, alternative to surgery. More on this topic: Operacja czy rehablilitacja
Traction is an irreplaceable assistance in the case of:
- Spinal pain, acute, chronic and recurrent
- Hernia of the nucleus pulposus in the cervical and lumbar sections
- Spine pain, resulting from the decreased height of the disks
- Sciatic arm
- Headaches and migraines, ensuing from the degenerative cervical spine diseases
To achieve the desired therapeutic effect, you should subscribe to 10 treatments. The procedure lasts about 20-30 min.
The Surya office in Warsaw has a complete traction set, containing the most advanced traction table, a Triton tractor, a Saunders cervical traction attachment and a set of Quick Wrap DTS belts. The thrust is precisely applied by an electronically controlled engine and a computer program, recording the treatment parameters, individually set for each patient.
Additionally, the Triton device has:
- 5 unique therapeutic programs, designed to maximally imitate manual therapy
- independent timers for stress, progression, traction and regression control
- can automatically change speed during the progression phase
- ready-made clinical programs
- static, cyclic and intermittent modes of operation
- graphic anatomical atlas, containing information on most common ailments and a description of the proposed techniques
- possibility to program oscillations for the cervical and lumbar segments
- EMG module that allows to control the relaxation of the patient's muscles
- a professional traction table, comfortable for both the patient and the therapist
The Triton traction device can be used to relieve peripheral pain (sciatica and sciatic arm) and symptoms associated with:
- protrusion of the intervertebral disc,
- enlargement of the intervertebral disc,
- intervertebral disc herniation,
- degeneration of the intervertebral disc (discopathy),
- pain syndrome of interstitial joints,
- acute pain of the articular processes,
- pressure of the nerve roots of the lumbar and cervical spine (sciatic shoulder, sciatica),
- hypomobility (limited mobility),
- back pain syndrome,
- stiff neck,
- paraspinal muscle spasm,
- spinal overload conditions,
- pain, resulting from the disk malfunctions.